Steps to Enroll
STEP 1: Complete LACCD's Online Application
If you already have an LACCD ID# and have taken an LACCD college course within the last year, you can skip this step. If not, please:
ONLINE APPLICATION to West LA College
How to Apply Instruction Guide
Note: You will receive an email with your LACCD ID# 2-5 business days after completing the online application to West LA College. If you do not receive this email within this timeframe, please contact the Admissions Office at firstname.lastname@example.org or Live Chat.
STEP 2: Complete Online Orientation
Log into your student portal, click on "Student Status," select "Orientation," select "Orientation" again, and review the slides until you get to the confirmation screen.
Need more support?
Contact the WLAC Welcome Center (email email@example.com)
STEP 3: Choose Classes
Use the WLAC PROGRAM MAPPER for class recommendations based on your educational goal (Certificates, Associate Degrees, University Transfer) and Pathway/Major. This is a great resource to use before meeting with a counselor.
WLAC Program Mapper
Note: If you are transferring to us with college credits from another college, we recommend you:
- Use WLAC Program Mapper for immediate class recommendations,
- Submit the Pre-Requisite Completion Form (to access advanced classes)
- Enroll in the classes AND obtain Counseling Services
Need Additional Academic Counseling? Contact the WLAC Counseling Office
Counseling Website | Email: firstname.lastname@example.org | Live Chat
STEP 4: Enroll in Classes
Classes are offered in 5, 8, or 16 week sessions. Login to your Student Portal and enroll today!
- Student Portal (mycollege.laccd.edu)
- WLAC Class Schedule
- How to Enroll (video)
- How to Add Classes (video)
Need more support?
Contact the WLAC Welcome Center (Email email@example.com)
New WLAC students now qualify for placement into university-transfer level math and English courses without Assessment testing. Students have the option to enroll in
- English 101 (or lower)
- English Second Language 6 or 8
- Math 215 (Principles of Math), 227 (Statistics), 245 (College Algebra)
- On your student portal, click on "Student Status" and select "Assessment Result."
- If your assessment comes out blank, click on "To Do List & Holds" select "English & Math Placement" and complete the webform.
- If this is not on your to-do list, email the Welcome Center at firstname.lastname@example.org to request for it to be added.
Accommodations are made for students with special needs.
For more information go to the, DSPS Department website.
View policies regarding Academic, Administrative, Discrimination, Grievance and Sexual Harassment / Assault - Title IX
Welcome Center Live Chat
In-Person & Live Chat
Technology Learning Center (TLC) Building, 1st Floor (in Parking Lot #5)
Mondays to Thursdays: 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Fridays: 9:00 AM - 1:00 PM
Our staff is available to assist you with enrollment and general support. Please provide your name, LACCD ID# (if applicable) and your question/concern.
Phone: (310) 287-7251