Student Health & Wellness Center
Welcome to the WLAC Student Health Center
The Health Center will continue to address the medical and mental health concerns of students via Telehealth (telephone, email, and zoom) and scheduled in-person appointments.
For a medical or mental health appointments, please call (323) 268-9191. Be sure to say you are a WLAC student.
- Services provided by our health partner, Via Care
- Via Care staff are LGBTQ & Undocumented Student-friendly and Spanish-speaking.
- Medical and mental health services are provided by Via Care under contract with West Los Angeles College
Our mission is to promote the physical, emotional, and mental wellbeing of our West students by providing access to quality affordable medical care. Services are designed to help students meet their educational, career, and day-to-day goals by encouraging students’ to care for their wellbeing.
Read below for (can hyperlinks be added to skip to the section of the website?):
COVID Information & Vaccinations
Our health care service provider, Via Care is providing COVID vaccinations. For COVID vaccinations, please call (323) 268-9191.
- For updated COVID Information click here (insert Via Care website).
- COVID information specific to you as a student, visit LACCD Covid Information page
As a currently enrolled and attending WLAC student you can benefit from the Health Center/Via Care. The majority of our services are at no or reduced cost.
To receive services at the Health Center, you must:
- Be a currently enrolled WLAC student during the current semester
- Pay the Health Fee at the Fiscal Office or online
- Visit the Via Care website to make your telehealth appointment or to make an appointment to visit one of their centers.
Services covered with your student health fee
- Medical Services
- First aid care
- Treatment of minor illnesses
- Physical exams
- Women’s health
- Tampons & pads
- Flu shots
- COVID-19 testing & vaccinations Tuberculosis screening (PPD) Hepatitis B vaccination
- Tdap, Varicella vaccinations
- MMR vaccination (low cost)
- Blood pressure screening
- Laboratory services (blood draw, urine dipstick)
- Glucose test
- Mental Health:
- Individual & group therapy
- Grievance Counseling
- Sexual health and Prevention Services:
- Prescriptions for birth control Emergency birth control
- IUDs & implants
- Pregnancy tests
- Women’s health
- STI testing & counseling
- HIV testing & counseling
- PEP & PrEP
- LGBTQ+ services
- Substance use disorder services
- Additional Services, NOT included with your student health fee but available through Via Care
- Dental care
- Pharmacy and prescriptions Case management
- Hepatitis C testing and treatment
If you are having medical or mental health emergency call 911 immediately or go to the nearest emergency room
- Didi Hirsch Suicide Prevention Center:
- (877) 727-4747 (available 24/7)
- National Suicide Prevention Lifeline: 150+ languages
- (800) 273-8255 (available 24/7)
- TTY (800) 799-4889.
- Chat: https://suicidepreventionlifeline.org/chat/
- LA County Dept. of Mental Health:
- (800) 854-7771 (available 24/7)
- Text “LA” to 741741
- Veterans Crisis Line:
- (800) 273-8255 press 1 (available 24/7)
- Text: 838255
- Asian American Suicide Prevention & Education
- (877) 990-8585 (available 24/7)
- Cantonese, Mandarin, Japanese, Korean, Fujianese are offered
Mondays to Fridays: 8:00AM - 5:00PM
Saturdays to Sundays: Closed
For an appointment call Via Care: (323) 268-9191
Be sure to let Via Care know you are a WLAC student.
Call 911 For Emergencies