Credit for Prior Learning (CPL)
Information on the current courses that qualify for Credit for Prior Learning and their required documents that must accompany this petition. List of courses will be posted soon.
Credit will be granted for the current semester in which the petition is requested. Email CPL petitions and required documents to CPLfirstname.lastname@example.org (see below for separate submission of official transcripts)
- Have active student status at West for the current term (must have current application on file) and, if concurrently enrolled student (submitted K12 supplemental app), have permission to enroll in class(es)
- Provide required documentation for each course applying for CPL (i.e., previous certification, current license, passed industry exam, official transcripts, etc.)
- Student signs and submits completes petition and required CPL documentation for each course to CPLemail@example.com If course CPL requirements include transcripts from other educational institutions, they must be sent by the educational institution directly to firstname.lastname@example.org to be considered official. Unofficial transcripts will not be accepted. List name of institution and date transcripts sent in your submission email.
- CPL Coordinator reviews petition application for completeness
- Admissions Office confirms whether preliminary qualifications are met (i.e., active student status, permission to enroll, no holds, etc.)
- The Division Chair/Lead Discipline faculty evaluates petition and corresponding CPL documents provided (i.e., current license, passed exam, official transcript, etc.) and approves, denies or returns for additional info
- When all authorized signatures are obtained, Academic Affairs Scheduler creates the Class # and Admissions Office annotates the student’s transcript with a Pass/No Pass or Letter Grade & annotated with “Credit by Exam” (type of grade is dependent on how course is graded)