West Los Angeles College Sheriff's Station
In Case of Emergency
Call the Campus Sheriff at Phone: (310) 287-4314 or (310) 287-4315
If unavailable, contact the following County of Los Angeles departments.
L.A. County Fire/Ambulance/Paramedics
Phone: (213) 291-8392
L.A. County Sheriff's Department
Phone: (310) 823-7762
Title IX Resources & Information... view page
If you have been the victim of Sexual Harassment; Sexual Violence and/or Gender-Based Discrimination
Campus Alarm Sirens
Warning sirens are located all around campus near emergency call boxes.
Emergency bells and/or verbal instructions can be heard from the siren speakers.
FIRE / BUILDING EVACUATION
Steady series of short bell with visual flashes of light.
One long bell and/or announcement from Sheriff or loud speakers
What you should do in the event of an emergency
- Listen for instructions from law enforcement and campus loud speakers.
- Check your phone for texts from the college
- Check the college web site at www.WLAC.edu
LOCK-DOWN & ACTIVE SHOOTER
Lock and barricade the doors, turn off lights, remain quiet, and await instructions from law enforcement. If you are outside, try to get inside to a secure space.
Go directly to your car and follow the directions of WLAC staff and law enforcement to exit the college. If you do not have a car, walk to the Overland or Jefferson exit. Do NOT wait for a bus or ride. Please assist disabled persons in reaching an exit or a WLAC shuttle.
Go to Lot #5, Lot #1, Lot #2, the Football Field or the Athletic Field. Follow the directions of your instructor, WLAC supervisors and law enforcement. Please assist disabled persons.
- When the alarm is sounding either by the bell or by someone's voice, walk quickly to the nearest marked exit and ask others to do the same.
- Walk down the stairs keeping to the far right as much as possible.
- Direct the handicapped to the proper exit and prepare to assist them if they need assistance.
- When outside, move away from the buildings and out of the path of emergency vehicles. IF YOU WERE IN CLASS, PLEASE STAY WITH YOUR CLASS SO THAT YOU CAN BE ACCOUNTED FOR.
- DO NOT RETURN TO THE BUILDING UNTIL TOLD TO DO SO BY CAMPUS SHERIFF OR SENIOR STAFF.
- DO NOT USE THE ELEVATORS TO EVACUATE THE BUILDING UNLESS ORDERED TO BY THE FIRE DEPARTMENT OR OTHER EMERGENCY PERSONNEL.
Office Hours and Location
24hrs - Every Day
TLC 1st Floor
Near parking lot 5
Phone: (310) 287- 4314
Phone: (310) 287- 4315
Robert G. Luna, Sheriff
Los Angeles County Sheriff Department
Captain John Gannon
LASD Community College Bureau
Deputy Francisco Carrillo