Wednesday, March 22, 2023WESTWEEK: News & Events Headlines to Know
estweek captures the news and event headlines in one easy spot. Check back regularly for the news you should know and/or follow us on Instagram or Facebook
- ART - A WAY TO HEAL Thur, Mar 23 @ Noon Zoom ID: 867 2056 7848 ...Celebrate Women's History Month & Mental Health in this lunch time talk by Claudia Ramos who created Hola Mijas Bonitas to share her experiences as a native Salvadorian growing up in Los Angeles.
- WHAT SHOULD WE CALL IT? The Basic Needs Office (WLAC Food Pantry & Wardrobe) is changing their name. How about Wildcats Warehouse (The Bodega) or maybe Wildcats Cave or something else. Vote here or make a suggestion.
- PHOTO CONTEST: Entries due by April 14, 2023 - 8 Winners will receive $150 each. Images should feature campus architecture...read more
- ASO SENATORS WANTED: Build your resume, gain leadership skills, and help create a great campus environment - you even get a small stipend $$. Application due March 30
- RESEARCH PAPER HOW TOs: Wed, Mar 22 at 1:00 pm...Use ONESEARCH to find relevant information in books, journal articles, and more from the Library Collection...In-Person HRLC (Library), Rm 218 or Zoom: 847 8072 5347 Password: 487592
- 8-WEEK CLASSES STARTING APR 10
Introduction to Robotics (MIT 220)....................... is an introductory course in robotics emphasizing hands-on experience to build a basic functional robot. Students learn about electric motors, servos, sensors, switches, actuators and their application in a robot.
Career & Money
CAREERS IN HEALTHCARE...register for Zoom to hear panel discuss the possibilities on Mar 22 at 6:30pm
POLISH YOUR INTERVIEWING SKILLS...register for Zoom on Mar 22 at 1:00 pm:
- PROGRAM INFORMATION SESSIONS: Dental Assisting (Mar 24)
Mon, Mar 20:
Cal State Long Beach (CSULB) - sign up
Want to transfer "The Beach"? Sign-up for an in-person Transfer Admission Workshop. 3/20 @ 1pm in TLC 403.
Cal State LA (CSULA) Next Steps for Admitted Students - register
Time: 1:00 - 2:00 pm Location: TLC 404 - Get next steps to ensure your smooth transition in the fall to Cal State LA.
IN-PERSON ON WILDCAT WALKWAY:
Mount St. Mary's (LA's only women's university) - TUES, MAR 21 10 am - 1pm
FIDM for fashion - TUES, MAR 21 10 am - 1 pm
USC Transfer Ambassador: On campus; WEDNESDAYS from 11am - 1pm
HOW TO TRANSFER INFO SESSIONS? Get critical information so that you take all of the right classes and make the right steps. Sign up for one of the in-person or online Transfer 101 sessions: Mar 28, Apr 14 or Apr 18
- GET TRANSFER NEWS UPDATES: Sign-up at: https://ilearn.laccd.edu/courses/230397
...Save the Date
Mar 28 at 9:00 am: LACCD Campuses Security Summit...details here
Mar 30 at 3:30 pm: UNDERSTANDING YOUR PAYCHECK...register for Zoom
Apr 12 10:00 am - 3:00 pm: In-Person CAREER FAIR on Wildcats Walkway...sign-up
Research Paper How Tos: Mon, Apr 17 & Thurs, May 18 at 1:00 pm...HOW TO CITE MLA style...In-Person HRLC (Library), Rm 218 or Zoom: 847 8072 5347 Password: 487592
Your Goal is Transfer? Get critical information so that you take all of the right classes and make the right steps. Sign up for one of the in-person or online Transfer 101 sessions: Apr 28, May 2, May 5
Research Paper How Tos: Tues, May 2 at 1:00 pm...HOW TO CITE APA style...In-Person HRLC (Library), Rm 218 or Zoom: 847 8072 5347 Password: 487592
Research Paper How Tos: Mon, May 22 at 3:00 pm... DATABASE SEARCHING find credible sources using specific databases such as ProQuest, JSTOR, EBSCO, and more...In-Person HRLC (Library), Rm 218 or Zoom: 847 8072 5347 Password: 487592