Welcome to the Career Center
Scroll down to get career-related information and support.
Career Exploration & Assessments
Schedule a meeting with our Career Advisor to:
- Take career assessments
- Interpret assessments results
- Explore careers
- Learn what careers are associated with your major
- RSVP for Group Advising Sessions
Enroll in the self-paced career exploration class to:
- Explore careers
- Access free career assessments
- Understand how to select classes based on your major
- After completing the class meet with your corresponding counselor
Job & Career Readiness
Job Readiness Workshops (Resume Building, Interview, Cover Letter)
1:1 Job/Internship Search Assistance
CCN Resume Builder Support
Employer Information Sessions
Financial Literacy Workshops
To register visit our events calendar at Workshops & Employer Info Sessions and click on the registration link.
Internship & Job Search Support
The Internship & Job Search Support services provides:
- Assistance in searching and applying for jobs/internships that are available to students, and alumni.
- Internships/Jobs that are posted exclusively to WLAC College students and alumni through College Central Network Job Portal.
- Job and Career Fairs & Recruitments
- Assistance in building an online portfolio in Career Portfolio Central® to support your résumé and demonstrate your best work to employers.
- Federal Work Study (through Financial Aid Office)
- Work Study Positions (through GAIN/CalWORKS)
Work Experience Education Program
- Receive Assistance with registering for Work Experience Education Program.
- Receive CSU transferable college credit for the hours you are currently working or volunteering!
- Earn between 0.5 - 4 transferable credit units.
- Non-traditional course with flexible times.
- Units count towards your elective credit units.
- Polish your employability skills with our built-in workshops.
Learning-Aligned Employment Program
- Receive Assistance with registering for the LEAP Program
- The Learning-Aligned Employment Program (LAEP) is an initiative to increase the number of students that find quality, paid internships in their field of study.
- Provides financial compensation while gaining work experience in your field of study
- Builds your resume
- Expands your professional network and connections
- Refines your career goals
Pre-apprenticeships and Apprenticeships
At West Los Angeles College, we partner with local apprenticeship training organizations to offer instruction in several trades.
Career Center Calendar
Click on any event and then click on the link to register.
Mondays to Thursdays: 9:00 AM - 3:00 PM
In-Person Walk-In Hours for Quick Assistance:
Mondays to Thursdays: 10:00 AM - 2:00 PM
Mondays to Thursdays: 9:00 AM - 2:00P M
Fridays: 9:00 AM - 1:00 PM
Saturdays and Sundays
Location & Contact
HLRC 112 (Map)
Phone: (310) 287-4562
Andrea Rodriguez-Blanco, Career Center Director
Danielle Sheppard, Career Advisor