Enroll into the self-paced career exploration class to:
- Take free career assessments
- Explore careers
- Learn what careers are associated with your major
- Understand how to select classes based on your major
- After completing the class meet with your corresponding counselor.
Job Readiness Program
Enroll into our Job readiness program to receive:
- 21st Century Employability skills & Digital Badges
- Job Searching/Job Applications/ Resume building/Job Interviews skills
- Customer Service skills
- Workplace Safety
- Positive Working Relationships
- Technology Etiquette in the Workplace
- Workshops for Job Search & Upskilling via LinkedIn.com
Internships & Job Placement
The Internships & Job Placement provides:
- Services that are available to students, alumni and employers.
- Internship/Jobs Search posted exclusively to WLAC College students through College Central Network Job Portal.
- Job Fairs & Recruitments
- Build an online portfolio in Career Portfolio Central® to support your résumé and demonstrate your best work to employers.
- Federal Work Study (through Financial Aid Office)
- Work Study Positions (through GAIN/CalWORKS)
Work Experience Education Program
- Receive Assistance with registering in Cooperative Work Experience Education Program.
- Receive CSU transferable college credit for the hours you are currently working or volunteering!
- Earn between 1 - 4 transferable credit units.
- Non-traditional course with flexible times.
- Units count towards your elective credit units.
- Polish your employability skills with our two built-in seminars.
- We will be offering ONLY general coop ed courses. Major related coop ed courses will be offered at a later time, more details will be provided soon.
Pre-apprenticeships and Apprenticeships
At West Los Angeles College, we partner with local apprenticeship training organizations to offer instruction in several trades.
Mondays to Thursdays: 9:00 AM - 3:00 PM
In-Person Walk-In Hours for Quick Assistance:
Mondays to Thursdays: 10:00 AM - 2:00 PM
Mondays to Thursdays: 9:00 AM - 2:00P M
Fridays: 9:00 AM - 1:00 PM
Saturdays and Sundays
Location & Contact
HLRC 112 (Map)
Phone: (310) 287-4562
Andrea Rodriguez-Blanco, Career Center Director
Danielle Sheppard, Career Advisor