Appointments and Walk-ins
Walk-in advising is designed to help you connect with a career advisor to ask basic career questions, explore career resources, or get a quick critique of your resume or cover letter.
Walk-in is available virtually on the cranium cafe platform or in-person in the Career Center.
- All virtual walk-ins will be conducted privately on-line through our cranium cafe platform.
- All in-person walk-ins will be conducted in the Career Center (HLRC 112 - Map) in accordance with social distancing guidelines. Wearing a mask is required.
- Each walk-in session is 10-15 minutes.
- In-person: Mondays - Thursdays: 10:00 AM - 2:00 PM
- Virtual: Monday - Thursday, 10:00 a.m. - 2:00 p.m. & Friday, 9:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m.
- Walk-ins are available on a first-come, first-served basis.
- An active College Central Network (CCN) account is required to check-in for all walk-ins. Log in to CCN and complete your student profile by activating or creating your account.
- For a virtual-based walk-in session, before the meeting, email us your resume, cover letter, or questions you would like to discuss. The advisor will be able to pull up your document during the session.
- For an in-person walk-in session, visit the Career Center in the HLRC Room 112 and email us any documents you would like your advisor to critique.
Career Center and Internship Advisors provide 30-minute appointments via phone, Zoom or in-person.
During scheduled 30-minute appointments, Career Center advisors typically advise on the following topics:
- Career Exploration
- Internship and Job Search
- Resume Review
- Mock Interviews
- Note: If you want the Career Advisors to tailor interview questions for you, please email the advisor you are scheduled with and provide your resume and a copy of a job description at least two business days in advance after your appointment request is confirmed.
To schedule a 30-minute appointment:
- Log in to CCN and click the blue “ Appointments” tab.
- Under schedule an appointment select the type/reason of the Appointment (e.g. Resume Review Mock Interview, etc.) and search for available appointments that meet your needs.
- You will have the opportunity to select either a virtual or in-person appointment. In the appointment format, indicate whether you prefer to have your appointment via phone or video chat.
Different kinds of appointments:
Video appointment: The advisor will send a calendar invite with the Zoom link to your WLAC email address once the appointment is approved.
Phone appointment: Please include your phone number in your appointment request.
In-person appointments: Will be held in HLRC, Room 112 , and will be conducted in accordance with social distancing requirements.
Our policy is one appointment (walk-in or 30-minute) per day, so please plan accordingly.
HLRC 112 (Map)
Phone: (310) 287-4562
Phone: (310) 848-7400 (text)