Westweek captures the news and event headlines in one easy spot. Check back regularly for the news you should know and/or follow us on Instagram or Facebook
- HOLIDAY & SPRING BREAK - West will be closed March 31 for Cesar Chavez Day. Spring Break follows from April 1 to April 7. Most offices will be open during normal hours but classes do not meet.
- WOMEN'S HISTORY MONTH SPEAKER: Tuesday, March 28th at 1:00PM - Close out the month hearing from Natasha Case, Co-Founder of Cool Haus Ice Cream who once made the Forbes 30 Under 30 List. Be there in person (MSA 003) and enjoy some free ice cream or drop into our Zoom: 867 2056 7848.
- COPING WITH GRIEF & LOSS: Tuesday, March 28th at 11:30AM - Another mental health group session for WLAC students, facilitated by Via Care. Click Here to Register for Zoom
- LACCD CAMPUS SECURITY SUMMIT on Mar 28 at 9:00 am: ...details here
- GRADUATING THIS SPRING? File your petition now. And, sign up for one of the additional year-end events including AAIPD, Black, Lavander and Mi Gente Grad Celebrations.
Career & Money
Mar 30 at 3:30 pm: UNDERSTANDING YOUR PAYCHECK...register for Zoom
- PROGRAM INFORMATION SESSIONS: Dental Assisting (April 1, April 7)
- WHAT SHOULD WE CALL IT? The Basic Needs Office (WLAC Food Pantry & Wardrobe) is changing their name. How about Wildcats Warehouse (The Bodega) or maybe Wildcats Cave or something else. Vote here or make a suggestion.
- PHOTO CONTEST: Entries due by April 14, 2023 - 8 Winners will receive $150 each. Images should feature campus architecture...read more
- ASO SENATORS WANTED: Build your resume, gain leadership skills, and help create a great campus environment - you even get a small stipend $$. Application due March 30
- HARVARD ALUMNI FOR BLACK ADVANCEMENT Paid Internship for community college students...learn more and apply by March 30
8-WEEK CLASSES STARTING APR 10
- Introduction to Robotics (MIT 220)....................... is an introductory course in robotics emphasizing hands-on experience to build a basic functional robot. Students learn about electric motors, servos, sensors, switches, actuators and their application in a robot.
- IN-PERSON ON WILDCAT WALKWAY:
Keck Graduate Institute Community College to PharmD Program - MON, MAR 27 10 am - 12pm
Academy of Art University - TUES, MAR 28 11 am - 1 pm
USC Transfer Ambassador: On campus; WEDNESDAYS from 11am - 1pm
HOW TO TRANSFER INFO SESSIONS? Get critical information so that you take all of the right classes and make the right steps. Sign up for one of the in-person or online Transfer 101 sessions: Mar 28, Apr 14 or Apr 18
CAL STATE LONG BEACH: Virtual Transfer Admission Workshops for WLAC students Tuesdays @ 5:30pm and Saturdays @ 9:00am. Register online at bit.ly/3DqdVJ4
- GET TRANSFER NEWS UPDATES: Sign-up at: https://ilearn.laccd.edu/courses/230397
...Save the Date
Apr 12 In-Person CAREER FAIR (10:00 am - 3:00 pm) & FINANCIAL AID FAIR (11:00 am - 1:00 pm) on Wildcats Walkway...sign-up
Research Paper How Tos: Mon, Apr 17 & Thurs, May 18 at 1:00 pm...HOW TO CITE MLA style...In-Person HRLC (Library), Rm 218 or Zoom: 847 8072 5347 Password: 487592
Your Goal is Transfer? Get critical information so that you take all of the right classes and make the right steps. Sign up for one of the in-person or online Transfer 101 sessions: Apr 28, May 2, May 5
Research Paper How Tos: Tues, May 2 at 1:00 pm...HOW TO CITE APA style...In-Person HRLC (Library), Rm 218 or Zoom: 847 8072 5347 Password: 487592
Research Paper How Tos: Mon, May 22 at 3:00 pm... DATABASE SEARCHING find credible sources using specific databases such as ProQuest, JSTOR, EBSCO, and more...In-Person HRLC (Library), Rm 218 or Zoom: 847 8072 5347 Password: 487592
Graduation Events: WLAC Graduation - June 6 and LACCD APIDA (May 27). Black Grad (June 1), Lavender Grad (May 25) & Mi Gente Grad (June 3) Celebrations.