UC & CSU Transfer

Before a student transfers to either a California State University or a University of California school, their transcript must be certified by a Counselor and submitted to the Evaluation and Graduation Office. Students may make an appointment to be certified with the Counseling Dept. BLDG SSB 3rd Floor. Make sure you have official transcripts of all schools attended on file in Admissions and Records, or at least bring unofficial transcripts to your counseling appointment.

A UC and CSU certification verifies to the receiving institution that a student has completed all lower division requirements at the community college and will not need to retake lower division requirements at the university. Students who are certified will be classified as a Junior at the university and will generally improve your financial aid award.

Students attending a California State University must complete a CSU certification. Students attending either a California State University or a University of California must complete an IGETC certification.

Once students determine where they would like to apply, they typically submit their certification along with an official transcript request form. For important UC and CSU application dates and deadlines, please see the Transfer Center in Building SSB 3rd Floor. There is no rush service for certified transcripts.