DSPS Online Counseling
DSPS Live Chat
Live Chat is appropriate for the following:
- Quick DSPS related questions (5 to 10 minutes)
- Assistance with navigating the WLAC DSPS website
- Provide student with DSPS application.
- Student support services referrals
To Live Chat with a counselor please follow the steps below.
- Step 1: Select the “Live Chat” tab on the online counselor card
- Step 2: Create an account or login to your account
- Step 3: Wait for pop-up window to appear to start Live Chat
Live Chat with a DSPS Counselor
Live Chat with a Counselor is appropriate for the following:
- Change of Home College, Educational Goal, and Major
- Prerequisite clearance
Please refresh the page often and click on the "Live Chat" button that will appear when a DSPS staff, tutor, specialist, or counselor, are available.
DSPS Video Appointment
Video Chat Appointments are appropriate for the following:
- Review CSU/IGETC General Education Plans
- Student educational plan (abbreviated and comprehensive plans)
- Certificate, Degree, and Transfer requirements
- Graduation Petitions
- Transcript evaluations
Video Chat Appointment Requirements:
- Use a laptop or desktop computer
- Use Chrome or Firefox as your web browser (Chrome is preferred)
- Test your webcam and audio prior to the meeting.
To schedule a Video Chat Appointment with a counselor please follow the steps below.
- Step 1: Select the “Schedule Appointment” tab on the online counselor card
- Step 2: Select your date and time
- Step 3: Login to your account or create an account by selecting “Register Here”
- Step 4: Add the reason for your appointment and your student ID number in the comments area
- Step 5: Confirm your appointment by selecting “Make Appointment.”
A confirmation email will be sent to the email address that you provided. On the day and time of your appointment, be sure to select the link provided within the email.