Two Girls Studing

Petition for Degrees & Certificates

Degree Petition

To file a petition for an associate degree, you need to review your graduation eligibility with a college counselor. Your petition will only be accepted if signed or approved by a counselor. Please visit the counseling website.

Certificate of Achievement Petition

If you are going to complete the requirement of Certificate of Achievement, please complete the procedure listed below.


  • Check the roadmap of the required and elective course list to confirm that you have completed, or will complete, the necessary courses.
  • Make an appointment with the division chair Anna Chiang via @email. Prof. Chiang will review and verify your transcript against the requirements. She will help you file the petition of certificate, submit it, and follow up with the Admissions office.
  • If you completed some required or elective classes at another college, you need to bring a non-official transcript when you meet with Prof. Chiang. She will review and determine if your classes meets the “course equivalence”.
  • After filing the certification petition, the Admissions office will review and process your certificate. If approved, you should see the certificate of achievement posted to your transcript about 3 months after the semester ends. If you don’t see the certificate of achievement on your transcript within 3 months, please follow up with the following Admissions officers and cc to Anna Chiang via @email.
  • The College Admission office has made the petition of certificate available on-line that you can file the petition by yourself, see the following link: Link for certification petition

Admissions Hours