About Library & Learning Resources
Consistent with the College's larger mission for student success, the three-fold mission of the Library is (1) to provide access to appropriate educational content and resources in a variety of formats, (2) to advance information competency across the curriculum, and (3) to support individual and collaborative learning in an environment that supports the free exchange of ideas, methodologies, and values.
The Library’s mission is accomplished through achieving the following objectives:
- Identify, acquire, organize, preserve, and provide access to pertinent recorded knowledge to support pedagogical, study, and creative activities.
- Offer formal and informal instruction to promote information competency, critical thinking, and lifelong learning.
- Provide an easily accessible, user-friendly and safe environment that fosters teaching and learning for library users that actively supports academic pursuits.
- Apply appropriate technological innovations to achieve productivity and efficiency, as well as provide library services to distant learners and information seekers.
- Communicate library services to raise awareness and promote partnerships with college organizations and departments, other libraries and educational institutions, and the local community.
- Serve diverse user populations to reflect a dedication to culturally competent user-centered practice.