Helping You Transfer
By starting your college career at West, you can:
- Save Money: Finish the two years of your Bachelor's degree at a lower cost.
- Increase Your Chances of Being Admitted: Participate in WLAC's Transfer Honors Program that gives students priority admission consideration to certain universities.
- Get Help with University Applications: Get assistance with identifying individualized transfer pathways and completing application materials from the Transfer Center.
- Develop as a Student: Take advantage of various on-campus academic and support services, such as tutoring sessions or support courses, to strengthen your academic performance and success.
UC / CSU Transfer Requirements
About IGETC: UC / CSU Transfer Requirement
Associate Degrees for Transfer
The Associate Degrees for Transfers (AA-T & AS-T) - also known as Degrees with a Guarantee - are two-year associate degrees that are fully transferable to the 23 Cal State Universities and are no more than 60 semester units. With these special degrees, students who meet the CSU’s minimum eligibility requirements are guaranteed priority admission to a CSU campus, though not necessarily to a particular campus or major. Students may also be given a GPA bump when applying to an impacted campus outside your local area or an impacted major that is deemed similar. In addition, once at the CSU, if you are admitted and enrolled in a designated similar degree program you can complete your bachelor’s degree with as little as 60 semester units or 90 quarter units of coursework. Find the course requirements for over 20 AA-T and AS-T degrees in the College Catalog.
The Transfer Center
The Transfer Center at WLAC is committed to helping students successfully transition from West LA College to the university of their choice. Please contact us for accurate and up-to-date information on transfer and admission requirements, academic majors, financial aid, and support services for UC, CSU, and private university campuses across the country.
List of Services:
- Meet university representatives
- Campus Visits
- Receive major requirement information from ASSIST.Org
- Information on general education requirements
- Catalogs and transfer information
- Fall Transfer Day - with 30 college & university representatives
- Opportunities to participate in local colleges & universities events
- Computer workstations with internet & online application
The Transfer Honors Program
WLAC Transfer Honors Program receive priority admissions consideration to selected prestigious four–year institutions including UCLA, UC Irvine, UC Riverside, UC Santa Cruz, Pomona, Occidental, Chapman and Pepperdine and other alliance universities. Greater potential for priority transfer admission to top universities.
- Priority in application for Transfer Alliance Program scholarships.
- An enriched and vigorous academic program to assist in the transfer process.
- Transcripts reflect participation in the program.
- Regular opportunities for interaction and individual conferences with faculty mentors and program director.
- Individualized counseling with an Honors Counselor.
- Guest speakers, seminars, field trips to cultural events and concerts to further enhance Honors classes.
- Bus trips and tours to Alliance universities.
Schedule an appointment with a counselor to develop an educational plan based on your major and the college or university of your choice. Visit Online Counseling page for an appointment.
Extended Opportunity Program & Services (EOPS) & TRiO
These student support programs provide first-generation and other non-traditional students with additional resources and opportunities for university transfer, field trips and university campus visits, academic and financial support services.
WLAC Student Success Stories
Get inspired by the success stories of WLAC students from diverse backgrounds, who have successfully transferred to UC, CSU, private, and out-of-state campuses across the country.