2. Orthodontic Assistant (OA) Program
We are now accepting applications for the Winter 2024 Orthodontic Assisting program. The application deadline is November 1st, 2023.
For more detailed information, attend one of our Information Sessions.
Our Orthodontic Assistant (OA) program is one semester and it is offered every Spring semester.
The OA program meets Fridays online and Saturdays on-campus.
The OA program is a 16-unit program that upon successful completion leads to an Orthodontic Dental Assistant Certificate of Completion from West LA College. The student also receives the California Dental Board Approved certificates:
1. Orthodontic Assistant certificate
2. Ultrasonic certificate (Removal of Orthodontic Cement above the Gum Line by Dental Assistants).
Upon successful completion, these certificates allows the graduate to apply for the Orthodontic Assistant (OA) examination with the Dental Board of California.
To view the listing of courses, PLEASE ATTEND ONE OF OUR INFO SESSIONS.
Requirements to apply to OA program:
- Active California Registered Dental Assistant (RDA) and have an 8-hour Infection Control certificate (within 5 years)* -OR-
- Must be a Dental Assistant for at least one year -with- Certificates from CA Dental Board Approved Providers:
- 8-hour Infection Control certificate (within 5 years)*
- 2-hour California Dental Practice Act certificate (within 2 years)*
- 32-hour Radiation Safety certificate (X-ray license)*
- Basic Life Support CPR from American Heart Association or American Red Cross*
*WLAC offers all these continuing education courses for students that are missing any of these certificates.