EOPS Book Grant / Voucher
How to Use the Book Voucher
For Continuing EOPS Students
To receive an EOPS book voucher each semester (Fall and Spring only; Winter and Summer book vouchers are not available), continuing EOPS students must meet the following conditions:
- Be enrolled in 12 or more units each Fall and Spring, and at least 1 class must be taken at WLAC (Foster Youth: 9 units / DSPS: full time equivalent as determined by a DSPS counselor). If you are not able to be enrolled full time, please contact an EOPS counselor.
- Complete ALL EOPS contacts the previous semester (Fall and Spring).
- Have not yet completed 70 degree applicable units or completed 6 consecutive semesters in the EOPS program, whichever comes last.
- Have WLAC set as your home school.
For New EOPS Students
Your book voucher will be issued after you complete an EOPS orientation and EOPS receives your Mutual Responsibility Contract (MRC) and Abbreviated Student Educational Plan (ASEP). Please allow 3-5 business days for your online book vouchervaccount to be created.
Book Voucher Issues
If you are not sure if you received an EOPS book voucher or if you did not receive one, please fill out this form and we will get back to you.
- For CARE book voucher inquiries, please email email@example.com
- For CAFYES/NextUp book voucher inquiries, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
How to Use the Book Voucher
NOTE: If you use your book voucher and then drop all your classes before the semester begins, you are responsible for returning all the money to EOPS!
- Once book vouchers have been issued and are ready to use, students will receive an email with instructions. Follow the instructions to order books online using the book voucher. Students may also go in person and bring their student ID to use the book voucher in person at the WLAC campus bookstore.
- To make online purchases, click here: Online Store Book List
- If you have any questions, email the WLAC Bookstore: email@example.com
- If you are taking a class at another LACCD campus and need to purchase a book from another LACCD campus bookstore, fill out a Textbook Transfer Request form and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org. The book will be shipped to you and charged to your book voucher.
The EOPS book voucher for Spring 2023 is $350, and the cost of shipping can be covered with these funds. If the total order plus shipping exceeds $350, you must pay the remaining cost with a credit card.
The book voucher funds can be used to rent textbooks, but you are responsible for the total cost of the book if you do not return it. You are also responsible for paying return shipping. To maximize your book voucher, purchase your books through the WLAC bookstore whenever possible and only rent textbooks if absolutely necessary. For information on rentals, contact the WLAC bookstore or visit their website.
The deadline to use the Spring 2023 EOPS book voucher is April 14, 2023. Any unused funds will not roll over to the next semester. Make sure to use your book voucher by the deadline, or you will lose it.