The Cooperative Work Experience Education (CWEE) program helps students achieve their educational and career goals through internships. This is a unique experience for students because it provides an opportunity to combine classroom education with mentored work experience.
Benefits for Employers:
- Create and maintain a relationship with West Los Angeles College.
- Close the gap between classroom experience and job skills by providing real work experience.
- Improves employer/employee communication through objective evaluation.
- Results in improved employee job skills and productivity.
- Assists with the development of employer/employee goals through learning objectives.
- Enhances employee motivation, thus reducing training costs.
- Select from a pool of advanced students to assist in current projects and assignments.
- Cost-effective program for recruiting potential hires and reducing turnover.
- Opportunity to provide feedback to faculty on necessary skills for the industry to update curriculum.
Identify any needs, special projects, and/or challenges that interns could be assigned.
Submit the Employer Intern Request Form to identify your needs and the desired qualifications you would like in a candidate.
Approve the Workplace Learning Objectives Agreement that will be sent via an email sent by College Central Network.
Interview potential candidates and notify the CWEE office of candidate that is selected.
Meet with student to review the CWEE Workplace Learning Objectives Form and develop 3 learning objectives that student should accomplish during internship.
Supervise student during internship and sign student’s timesheets.
Meet with Faculty Advisor at least once during the semester in-person or alternatives to “in-person” meetings with the workplace supervisor to discuss students' educational growth on the job.
Complete the End of Term Supervisor Evaluation of Student and review with student before submitting to Faculty Advisor.
Andrea Rodriguez-Blanco, Job Placement & Work Experience Coordinator
Phone: (310) 287-7215
Phone: (310) 848-7400 (text)