Skip to Content


CCP Frequently Asked Questions


Question Answer


Due to COVID -19, The College and Career Prep Division is servicing students remotely. The campus is closed.

I am interested in taking non-credit courses/training, what do I need?

Be a current WLAC student.

  1. If you are a current WLAC or LACCD district student, you can log in your student portal and enroll just like a credit course. You do not need a permission code to add and you are able to enroll at least one week before class ends. 

If you do not know how to enroll you can view this video: 

  1. If you are not a current WLAC or LACCD district student, you can apply via our website. Click on the yellow right hand corner button labeled “APPLY”.  

If you are ONLY interested in taking non-credit courses for more than a semester, select this option. 

Select: “Noncredit Application” button and continue to create or log-in your CCAPPLY account. Finally, complete and submit the WLAC application and wait 3 to 5 business days to receive your student ID number via email. 

If you are interested in non-credit and credit courses, select this option. 

Select: “Click here for Domestic Application” blue button and continue to create or log-in your CCAPPLY account. Finally, complete and submit the WLAC application and wait 3 to 5 business days to receive your student ID number via email. 

From 8/31/20-12/19/20, you may call the Learning Center from Monday-Thursday 9am-7pm and Saturdays 10am-3pm or email us at

I am a WLAC non-credit student and I forgot or cannot access my student portal, who can help me?

Current LACCD students who need help accessing the student portal can contact the Portal Help Desk, 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., Monday through Friday, at (844) 695-2223.


after September 7, 2020 you may call the Learning Center at (310) 287-4404 Monday to Friday 9am to 5:30pm  Or email Include name, Student ID and D.O.B on email when submitting request.  

I am a current WLAC non-credit student enrolled and I do not know where to access my online courses

Access Canvas through the Student Portal at you will find your own personalized “CANVAS” link there. Below are some videos and references that can be more descriptive of the software: 

About Canvas

  • Canvas Help Line……(844) 303-5595  Hours: 24 / 7 

  • VIDEO - How to Get Started in Canvas and Navigation Tips 
  • VIDEO - Taking Quizzes  
What can you tell me about CASAS?

It is the most widely used competency-based testing system used in the United States. CASAS has maintained its focus on its original mission — serving adult learners.

The tests measure basic skill and academic achievement in reading, math, and related areas. CASAS supports adult educators and workforce development professionals as they work to facilitate transitioning older youth and adults to postsecondary education, training, and the workforce. CASAS is a nonprofit organization, and its assessments are approved by the US Department of Education and the US Department of Labor.

What are the benefits of CASAS?

The diagnostic tests tells you what skills and competencies are an area of need for you. With the help of your instructor, this allows you to set short term goals towards improving and mastering those areas of need.

The result? You are better prepared as you progress in your educational endeavors.

What is Cranium Cafe?

Cranium Cafe is a meeting and collaboration platform designed specifically for student support. Once inside the cafe, both students and the support team can utilize a variety of assets to enhance their collaboration including:

  • Document upload/share
  • Whiteboard
  • Screenshare
  • Google Docs collaboration
  • Document edit pad
  • Recording and Archiving
  • Speech to Text
  • Closed Captioning
  • Virtual Lobby
How do I get started on Cranium Cafe?

To get started, visit the West Los Angeles Cranium Cafe website. If you are already a student, log in using the "LACCD log in" button ont he left. Otherwise use the "guest registration"


How to log into Cranium Cafe video.

How do I find open noncredit classes I can still enroll in?

To view the noncredit classes, visit

Scroll down until you see "Class Schedules" on the left side of the screen. Click the link with the name of the current semester and year.

What do I do if I am unsure if I have a learning disability? Email to schedule an appointment with the LD Specialist to evaluate if you are eligible for LD testing.

I had an IEP in high school and want to start college @ West, where should I start?

Students who have had an IEP in high school are invited to email the DSPS program inquire about program eligibility and services

How do I forward my LACCD emails to my personal email accounts?

English Instructions click here

Spanish Instructions click here