Physics (Major Code 1902.00)
The Associate in Arts Degree in Physics will give the student a basic foundation in this field as well as meet most lower-division requirements for the Baccalaureate Degree in Physics. Students who wish to obtain an associate degree in Physics may do so by completing the course requirements listed below plus all other WLAC requirements for an associate degree.
Transfer students should consult the Counseling Office for major preparation and general education requirements of the particular transfer institution of their choice. Transfer students who want to also obtain an Associate Degree may do so by completing all WLAC general education requirements plus at least 18 units in the major as required by the transfer institution (a total of 60 units for an Associate Degree).
Associate in Arts Degreee (40 units, Plan A)
- CHEM 101 General Chemistry I (5 units)
- CHEM 102 General Chemistry II (5 units)
- MATH 261 Calculus I (5 units)
- MATH 262 Calculus II (5 units)
- MATH 263 Calculus III (5 units)
- PHYSICS 37 Physics for Engineers and Scientists I (5 units)
- PHYSICS 38 Physics for Engineers and Scientists II (5 units)
- PHYSICS 39 Physics for Engineers and Scientists III (5 units