NEW: Associate Degree for Transfer in Environmental Science
In 2012, the California Community Colleges and CSU launched the new Associate Degree for Transfer (AA-T/AS-T) Pathway. The Science Division now offers an Associate Degree for Transfer in Environmental Science. Upon successful completion, you are guaranteed admission to the CSU system as a junior.
To earn an AS-T in Environmental Science, students must meet the following requirements:
(1) Completion of 60 semester units that are eligible for transfer to the CSU, including the following:
- (A) 31 IGETC units or 33 CSU-GE units.
- (B) 35 semester units in the courses listed below
- (C) Electives up to 60 units
(2) Obtainment of a minimum grade point average of 2.0.
(3) Earn a C or better in all courses required for the major or area of emphasis.
Students will not be required to complete additional local graduation requirements to obtain the AA-T or AS-T degree.
REQUIRED COURSES (42 units)
CORE: Choose one of the following combinations of Biology and Chemistry courses:
• BIOLOGY 006 General Biology I (5 units) and BIOLOGY 007 General Biology II (5 units) and CHEM 101 General Chemistry I (5 units)
- or -
• BIOLOGY 006 General Biology I (5 units) and CHEM 101 General Chemistry I (5 units) and CHEM 102 General Chemistry II (5 units)
ADDITIONAL REQUIRED CLASSES
- ENV SCI 001 Introduction to Environmental Science (3 units)
- GEOLOGY 001 Physical Geology (3 units)
- GEOLOGY 006 Physical Geology Laboratory (1 unit)
- MATH 227 Statistics (4 units)
- MATH 261 Calculus I (5 units)
- ECON 001 Principles of Economics 1 (3 units)
- PHYSICS 006 General Physics I (4 units)
- PHYSICS 007 General Physics II (4 units)