Financial Aid Forms
You can now complete your financial aid tasks online from any device. Complete verification forms and/or securely upload your required documents from your smart phone, tablet, or computer anytime. To check if you are required to complete any financial aid tasks, login to your Student Portal (SIS) and check your To-Do List for the "Further Action Required" task. You can visit our verification page to submit the requested documentation here.
- 2022-2023 California College Promise Grant Fee Waiver
- 2022-2023 California College Promise Grant Fee Waiver (SPANISH)
- 2022-2023 CCPG Method B - Income Standards*
The California College Promise Grant (CCPG), formerly known as the BOG Fee Waiver, is a grant that waives enrollment fees only. This 2022-2023 CCPG application covers summer 2022, fall 2022, winter 2023, and spring 2023 terms. Students must re-apply every academic year. Eligibility is based on 2020 income and students must be a California resident as determined by the Admissions Office. The deadline to apply is June 30, 2023.
This type of petition is used when a student has attempted 150% or more units required of their academic program/major. Students are notified of their financial aid disqualification by email and their To-Do list is updated with the "SAP Contract Extension L1" task.
Students can submit this petition online by logging into the Student Portal (SIS), selecting the Financial Aid tile, clicking on the "SAP Extension of Appeal" button (on the left side of the page), then clicking the link "View/Apply SAP Appeal."
Important Note: Prior to submitting the petition online, carefully review the instructions on page 1 of the Petition for Extension of Financial Aid form. You are required to complete an SAP Workshop online and make an appointment with an Academic Counselor to develop a comprehensive student educational (CSEP) plan.
Subsidized and Unsubsidized loans are federal student loans for eligible students to help cover the cost of higher education at a four-year college or university, community college, or trade, career, or technical school. The U.S. Department of Education offers eligible students at participating schools Direct Subsidized Loans and Direct Unsubsidized Loans. (Some people refer to these loans as Stafford Loans or Direct Stafford Loans.)
- Complete a 2022-2023 Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)
- West L.A. College (WLAC) must be the student's home school within the Los Angeles Community College District (LACCD)
- Pursue a financial aid eligible academic program at WLAC
- Satisfy the general student financial aid eligibility requirements
- Have received a 2022-2023 Award Notification or a letter stating you are ineligible for any need-based aid
- Be enrolled in a minimum of six (6) units applicable to your academic program. Students under an Extension Appeal (also known as SAP Contract) must be enrolled in six (6) financial aid approved units
- Comply with Entrance Loan Counseling requirements
- Have an active Master Promissory Note
- Maintain Satisfactory Academic Progress
Follow these steps to apply for a Federal Stafford Loan
- 2022-2023 FAFSA: Complete a 2022-202 Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) at the FAFSA website.
- Award Notification: Complete your financial aid file and receive your award notification or an email indicating that your file was reviewed but you are not eligible for need-based aid.
- Direct Loan Entrance Counseling: New borrowers must go to login on studentaid.gov to complete the Entrance Counseling. Once on the site, click “Complete the Financial Aid Process” and then click on “Complete Entrance Counseling” to access the page. This requirement does not apply to repeat borrowers.
- Master Promissory Note: Borrowers must have an active Master Promissory Note. To confirm status or complete a new Master Promissory Note go to studentaid.gov. Once on the site, click “Complete the Financial Aid Process” and then “Complete Master Promissory Note” to access the page.
Email to email@example.com from your LACCD.edu email account to request a digital loan form.
Deadline to submit student loan form:
- For Fall 2022 term only: November 18 , 2022
- For Fall 2022 and Spring 2023 terms, or for the Spring 2023 term only: May 12, 2023