These resources show free, helpful examples of layouts and formats. We do not endorse these templates or websites.
- NYU Libraries: How to create a Research poster (Links to an external site.)
- Rutgers: Free Powerpoint templates (Links to an external site.)
- General Poster Templates (Links to an external site.)
- Scientific Poster Templates (Links to an external site.)
- Prezi Interactive Presentation Interface (Links to an external site.)
- Example of a Academic Prezi Poster Presentation (Links to an external site.)
Creating A YouTube Video
Students Can Present Their Poster by Creating a Video!
We know that many of you will have your own way and are very capable of doing this. Just in case, we have created very detailed directions below in case you have any questions.
Please review the following steps to record and upload a video file to YouTube as “unlisted," which means no one can view or access the video without the website url link.
There are several ways you can record your videos:
- First, please ensure that you have access to both visual (webcam) and audio (microphone) capabilities on your computer.
- You can use your computer’s video recording software. For Macs, check out this Photo Booth User Guide (links to an external site). For PCs, check out this Webcam Camera App Resource (links to an external site). Make sure to save your file to upload to YouTube.forms.gle/icvHieNELrJxuRUT6
- You can create the video using Screencast-O-Matic (links to an external site). To learn how to create a free account and use the software, please watch this Screencast-O-Matic Tutorial (links to an external site).
- First, record your video using your video recording function on your smartphone.
- Download the YouTube app and create an account if you do not already have one
- Upload your video to YouTube as “unlisted” using the app from your phone. Check out this Upload Video Using a Smartphone (links to an external site) tutorial for more support. Please make sure the video is "unlisted" rather than "private". If the video is private we will not be able to access it.
Submit Your Video
Once your poster, video or slide show is completed, submit for judging at this link: Google Form
Anthropology 102: Extra Credit Poster Guidelines