Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)

Who can participate in concurrent and dual enrollment?
Rising 9th-12th grade students who are enrolled in a public or private high school can enroll in college classes offered by West.

How much will this cost?
It's FREE! West waives tuition for California residents enrolled in high school. Students are, however, responsible for the cost of textbooks and other school supplies. No financial aid is available to high school students.

How many classes can students take?
High school students may enroll in a maximum of 11 units during the Fall and Spring semesters and 7 units during the Summer and Winter terms. 

Can my parent/guardian drop-off the K-12 form for me?
No. Parents/guardians may not conduct transactions on behalf of the student. The K-12 form is digital. The student must create an online account using the Digital K-12 Supplemental Application Form. 

Can I get high school credit?
All class recommendations should be made by the high school counselor or administrator. Only they can definitely state how/if West's classes are placed on the high school transcript.

Why do I have an "Admissions High School Student" hold on my account?

Warning admission High School Banner


Class registration for high school students is limited to those classes listed on the K12 supplemental application. A new K-12 form is required every term and class registration is not permitted until this form is received. The Outreach Office does not manage these holds, please contact the Admissions Office for support.