Students in WestLA are subject to the same Code of Conduct policies for all West Los Angeles College students. In addition, the following policies apply to WestLA students.
- Students should register at least 5 days before the start of class. Registrations 4 days or fewer before the class start are accepted only if space is available. Contact the Westside Extension office for information.
- ALL students MUST attend a WestLA orientation on the first day of every class session. At the orientation, we will give you lots of information about the program and place you in the proper class. All class changes must be approved by WestLA.
- Buy your required textbooks by the second day of every class session. Bring your textbooks and other required materials (pen, notebook, etc.) to your class.
- No food or drink is allowed in any classroom.
- Turn off your cell phone or any other communication devices you have during your class.
- Follow the instructions and directions of your teacher. Always speak in English while in class – after all, you are here to learn English. Speaking in other languages may be considered rude and disruptive to fellow classmates and your instructor.
- Students must attend class regularly to remain in compliance with F-1 visa regulations. Students who miss more than 30% of their class may be in violation of this policy and may be terminated from SEVIS.
Students will be tested at the end of each WestLA session. Students who receive a passing grade will be allowed to take classes at the next class level. Students who do not pass the test will remain at the same class level. All grading concerns should be discussed with the WestLA staff.
Letter grades are not issued for WestLA intensive English courses. No credit is earned or can be applied towards a degree.