Welcome Home Veterans and Thank You for Your Service
Welcome to West Los Angeles College. The Office of Veterans Affairs at West Los Angeles College is located in the Student Services Building on the 2nd Floor (SSB 220). YES, we have implemented the President's Executive Order 13607. We are here to provide you with the following services:
- Guidance for veteran students and dependents to ensure that they are certified for veterans benefits.
- Advice for veterans concerning Department of Veteran Affairs (DVA) requirements for maintaining satisfactory pursuit of courses leading towards a degree or certificate.
- The provision of counseling on the curriculum for each student to ensure that the courses selected are consistent with DVA regulations and directly related to the requirements specified for a certificate or degree.
- The administration of a tutorial reimbursement program for all qualified veterans and dependants enrolled at West.
- The provision of the enrollment verification necessary to demonstrate eligibility for job opportunities through the DVA Work Study Program.
The Post 9-11 GI Bill is a new benefit providing educational assistance to individuals who have served on active duty on or after September 11, 2001. Please download a Department of Veterans Affairs fact sheet to learn more. In addition to the Post-911 GI Bill, there are a variety of other educational benefit programs for veterans. To learn which program might be best for you, please visit www.gibill.va.gov.
Each semester, veterans who wish to use DVA educational benefits must report to Bill McKillian, our Veterans Benefits Advisor, at email@example.com and out Veterans Academic Counselor, Sherron Rouzan-Thomas, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Questions about your educational benefits?
Eligibility for DVA education benefits rests solely with the DVA. To contact the DVA for questions about eligibility, please call 1-888-442-4551 or visit the DVA at www.gibill.va.gov.
Helping Veterans & Their Families Live Successful, Healthy Lives
Outside The Wire...view brochure
OTW helps veterans: Decrease anxiety and stress; Increase overall wellbeing; Increase education, work and skill building success