The goal of the Transfer Center is to assist students efficiently and successfully with the transition from West to the university of their choice. Students can receive up-to-date information on admission and transfer requirements for public and private universities all over the country. Information on university majors, financial aid, and support services is also available.
List of Services:
- Meet representatives from UC, CSU, and independent colleges and universities.
- Receive accurate information on requirements for majors from ASSIST.Org.
- Transfer Workshops
- Information on general education requirements for transfer.
- Catalogues and computer-based information needed to prepare for transfer.
- Transfer Day (Fall Semester), with representatives from over 40 colleges and universities.
- Opportunities to participate in cultural and academic events at local colleges and universities.
- Computer workstations to enable students to access information on the internet, and to file admissions applications.
ASSOCIATE DEGREES FOR TRANSFER
California Community Colleges and CSU launched in 2012 the new Associate Degree for Transfer (AA-T/AS-T) Pathway. A student can earn an Associate Degree and Bachelors Degree with no wasted units. Here at WEST we offer three of these degree options - CLICK ON TITLE FOR INFORMATION SHEET:
FOR MORE INFO - CLICK HERE
ARE YOU COMPLETING A UC/CSU APPLICATION THIS FALL? WOULD YOU LIKE TO HAVE IT REVIEWED BY A COUNSELOR BEFORE YOU SUBMIT?
COUNSELORS WILL BE AVAILABLE TO REVIEW YOUR UC AND CSU APPLICATION ON THE DATES AND TIME BELOW - NO APPOINTMENT NECESSARY!
STOP BY AND LET US LOOK IT OVER.
STUDENT SERVICES BUILDING - 3RD FLOOR #350
NOVEMBER 18TH 9AM - 10AM & 2:30PM - 3:30PM
NOVEMBER 19TH 11:00AM - 12PM & 5;30PM - 6:30PM
NOVEMBER 20TH 6:00PM - 7:00PM
NOVEMBER 21ST 8:30AM - 9:30AM & 12:30PM - 1:00PM
NOVEMBER 22ND 12:00PM - 1:00PM
NOVEMBER 25TH 11:00AM - 12PM & 4:00PM - 5:00PM
NOVEMBER 26TH 10:00AM - 11:00AM & 5:00PM - 6:00PM
NOVEMBER 27TH 9:00AM - 10:00AM & 5:00PM - 6:00PM
CHECK-OUT THE UP-COMING TRANSFER EVENTS
- Transfer Workshops -Click here for dates & times
- Campus Visits - Click for Universities Visiting Campus
JACK KENT COOK CURSA PROGRAM - A partnership between LMU, El Camino College & WEST allow students take part in a 10-day Research residence program.
PICTURED ABOVE -WEST 2012 JACK KENT COOKE CURSA STUDENTS
|IGETC||CSU General Education|
UNIVERSITY OF CALIFORNIA
|UC Admissions Website|
|ASSIST.org||UC Counselor Website|
|Transfer Admission Guarantee (TAG)||UCLA TAP|
CALIFORNIA STATE UNIVERSITY
|CSU Mentor||Information for Counselors|
|ASSIST.org||Application Status Report|
|CSUN TAG||CSU Impacted Programs|
OTHER USEFUL SITES/LINKS
|US Colleges & Universities||USC Transfer Guide|
|Assoc. of Indepent. Calf. College & Univ.||USC Transfer Planning Guide|
TRANSFER CENTER LOCATION:
Student Services Building (SSB)
TRANSFER CENTER STAFF& CONTACT INFO:
HELEN YOUNG - Transfer Center Director (310) 287-4289
Andrea Frederic - Counselor (310) 287-4260
Darrell Roberson - Transfer Center Asst. (310) 287-4542
Transfer Center General Line (310) 287-4353
COUNSELING, TRANSFER CENTER & DSPS -
STUDENT WORKER APPLICATION - BELOW
TRANSFER SUCCESS STORIES...read more