Helping You Transfer
By starting your college career at West, you can:
- SAVE MONEY: Finish the first two years of your Bachelor’s degree for hundreds to thousands of dollars less than it would cost to do so at a university.
- IMPROVE YOUR LIKELIHOOD OF BEING ADMITTED: Improve your chances of being admitted to the university of your choice by participating in our Scholar’s Program that gives students priority admissions consideration to certain universities.
- GET HELP WITH UNIVERSITY APPLICATIONS: Get assistance with how to complete application materials from our University Transfer Center and identifying the right college for you.
- BECOME A BETTER STUDENT: Raise your academic performance so that you can succeed in college level coursework through programs such as our basic skills and learning skills classes and/or tutoring programs.
Speak With University Representatives Online
Transfer eChat is designed to link students with four-year university outreach/admission representatives in real time.
Student Services Building - 3RD FLOOR (SSB 340)
University Representatives | Workshops | Campus Visits
The goal of the Transfer Center is to help students efficiently and successfully move on from West to the university of their choice. Students can get up-to-date information on transfer and admission requirements for public and private universities all over the country. Information on university majors, financial aid, and support services is also available.
List of Services:
- Meet university representatives
- Receive major requirement information from ASSIST.Org
- Information on general education requirements
- Catalogs and transfer information
- Fall Transfer Day - with 30 college & university representatives
- Opportunities to participate in local colleges & universities events
- Computer workstations with internet & online application
3RD ANNUAL CURSA PROGRAM
JULY 7TH - 16TH 2014
Above: WEST participants for summer 2012
8 WEEK SESSIONS: 2 WEEKNIGHTS, 4 SATURDAYS
Building AT-A | (310) 287-4369
ACT is designed for mature, motivated students interested in transferring to a university well prepared and in an efficient manner.
APPLICATIONS FOR FALL 2014 ARE BEING ACCEPTED NOW!
WLAC Transfer Honors Program receive priority admissions consideration to selected prestigious four–year institutions including UCLA, UC Irvine, UC Riverside, UC Santa Cruz, Pomona, Occidental, Chapman and Pepperdine and other alliance universities. Greater potential for priority transfer admission to top universities.
- Priority in application for Transfer Alliance Program scholarships.
- An enriched and vigorous academic program to assist in the transfer process.
- Transcripts reflect participation in the program.
- Regular opportunities for interaction and individual conferences with faculty mentors and program director.
- Individualized counseling with an Honors Counselor.
- Guest speakers, seminars, field trips to cultural events and concerts to further enhance Honors classes.
- Bus trips and tours to Alliance universities.
- Participation in the annual Spring Honors Students Research Conference at UC Irvine.
- Monthly Honors workshops/luncheons on transfer applications and further transfer benefits.
Transfer Honors Program Admissions Criteria
- High school graduates - be eligible for English 101 based on assessment or AP TEST Score & minimum GPA of 3.2
- Current West Student - Completed 12 transferable college units with a 3.2 GPA or better & be eligible for English 101
Transfer Honors Program Information Sheet - Click Here
Transfer Honors Application - Click Here
For More Information please contact:
- Helen Young, Program Director
(310) 287-4289 in Student Services Building or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Andrea Frederic, TAP Counselor
(310) 287-4260 in Student Services Building (SSB)
Student Services Building (SSB 350) | (310) 287-4257
West's counselors can help you develop your "Student Educational Plan" to meet your transfer goals. They can even help you select the right university for you based on your interests, abilities and goals.
Student Services Building (SSB 330) | (310) 287-4317
EOP&S provides services special academic and financial support services to economically disadvantaged students who have university transfer as a goal.
Found out how students a varied backgrounds made West a stepping stone to UC, CSU campuses and other universities around the country.