Distance Education Committee
Ideas won't keep, something must be done about them."
- Alfred North Whitehead, English mathematician & philosopher
News and Events
News from around the WEST campus.
Study Abroad / Have a tremendous travel experience while learning or improving in Spanish. Spend a session in picturesque Valpariso, Chile or Salamanca, Spain. Learn more…
WEST Magazine / Check out essays, interviews, poetry, and stories written by students at West L.A. College.
WLAC Online Degree for International Students / Students abroad can now earn a U.S. degree online. Applications are now being accepted. Learn more…
Committee Charge: Develop the recommended college policy on distance learning, including but not limited to, the various methods associated with online course delivery. Develop agendas and submit approved minutes of each meeting to the Senate. Report periodically to the Academic Senate on:
- - Courses and sections that are delivered by distance learning and their total census date enrollment based on data provided by the college researcher.
- - Support services that are offered to distance learning faculty, and any additional support services that are recommended by the committee.
- - Eric Ichon - Administrator Co-Chair
- - Nancy Sander, Faculty Co-Chair
- - Linda Alexander (AFT Representative)
- - Alice Taylor (AFT Representative)
- - Tamara Jones (Academic Senate Representative)
- - Timothy Russell (Academic Senate Representative)
Meeting Schedule (2pm/Winlock Lounge):