Getting Started with Canvas
A Guide for WLAC Students
24/7 Helpline 1-844-303-5590
1. Login directions
- Go to https://ilearn.laccd.edu
- LoginID / UserID = your student ID number, example: 881234567
- Password FOR NEW STUDENTS AS OF 01/2017 = 8888mmdd or 88 + month + day you were born, example 88880101 for Jan 1 birthday
- Password FOR RETURNING STUDENTS = 88mmdd or 88 + month + day you were born, example 880101 for Jan 1 birthday
2. High Recommendation: Reset Your Password
3. Add a preferred email address if you don’t want to check your LACCD email
4. Set your notification preferences
5. Learn to Use Canvas Video
6. What to do if your login fails
- If your account was created, you can use the RESET PASSWORD / FORGOT PASSWORD
Tutorial Link: How do I reset my password?
- Your default email account in Canvas is your LACCD student email. So if you did not add another email and change your notifications, use your LACCD student email with the password reset functions.
- Tutorial: How to Log Into Your LACCD Student Email
- If the password reset function does not work, take the following steps:
i. If you just added within 48 hours, try to log in on the third business day after
ii. If you added more than 3 days previously, submit a trouble ticket by clicking on
the word HELP on the Canvas homepage then select REPORT A PROBLEM.
- NOTE: Canvas accounts are created AFTER students are actively registered in a course and not just when given a registration number during the enrollment process. Students who are standby status on a course waiting list will not have an account created in Canvas until the add is processed. Accounts are available on the day following official registration into a course as active student.