There are many resources that provide valuable insights into the ways that West operates. Rather than publish a paper compilation of these resources, OIE will provide them online, where we can take advantage of the timeliness and economies of digital distribution.
- Spring 2007 One Stop Registration Days Survey Results
- Fall 2006 One Stop Registration Days Report and Survey Results
- Fall 2006 Welcome Week Student Satisfaction Survey Results
- Accountability Reporting for Community Colleges, Summary Comparisons
- WLAC 2005-2006 Annual Summary (updated 9/19/06): A two-page report on the vital statistics and accomplishments for the year.
- WLAC/SMC/ECC Comparison: A report by marketing consultants that directly compares West with Santa Monica and El Camino. The report is based on face-to-face surveys with 694 students (271 from West, 296 from SMC, 127 from ECC), as well as 8 focus groups (4 from West, size unknown) on narrower topics. If you would like a copy, please contact the Office of Institutional Effectiveness (Acrobat/.pdf).
- 2005 Self Study Survey Part 1, Part 2 and Part 3: This survey was developed on campus and distributed to nearly 250 faculty and staff (including student workers). See what they have to say about West (Acrobat/.pdf).
- 2005 District Student Survey: This survey was part of a District-wide survey of student opinions about the College. Over 1,200 students participated from the West campus. See what students say about West (Acrobat/.pdf).
- District statistics: Some very useful numbers and comparisons with the other colleges of LACCD (web pages and excel files). In particular, the Department/Division Databook is a comprehensive set of statistics that describe our operations and very useful in getting a general idea of our productivity.
- 2003 Data Book: Summary statistics for the campus. Includes two analyses on basic English and Mathematics course enrollment, completion and success patterns (Acrobat/.pdf). Required reading.
- Leadership Retreat Summaries (Acrobat/.pdf files)
- Integrated Master Plan (Acrobat/.pdf files):
2006-07 Program Review Data Books
Research Responses: Ad-hoc reports
Student Success Initiative
Through innovative programs and responsive Community services, West Los Angeles College empowers students to succeed.
OIE Home | Services | Research | About
Learn about WLAC!
Edward Pai, Ph.D.
email@example.com, Ext. 4472