Student Success & Support Program
The Student Success & Support Program invites you to participate in the "West ExpressWay." The ExpressWay is designed to assist you in accessing the 3 most important step for new student success: Orientation, Assessment & Counseling.
You must complete the 3 components to secure you "High Level Registration Opportunity." Click here for more information on the West ExpressWay.
YOU CAN VISIT THE FOLLOWING LINKS TO ACCESS MORE DETAILS ON THE SPECIFIC SERVICES BELOW.
ABOUT THE ASSESSMENT TESTS
The Student Success program is devoted to assisting you, the student, in achieving you educational goal. It is an agreement between the college and the college and the student who enrolls in credit and non-credit courses to participate in a partnership that is committed to your educational success.
THE COLLEGE AGREES TO:
- Assess your educational skills and career goals.
- Orient you to West Los Angeles College programs, services and policies.
- Provide top-quality instruction.
- Provide a wide variety of courses.
- Offer services to support your education.
- Track progress toward your goal.
YOU AGREE TO:
- Declare an educational goal.Meet with a counselor to discuss your choice.
- Attend classes.
- Complete assignments and courses.
- Strive to make progress toward your goal.
- Seek support services as needed.
The Student Success & Support Program is strongly recommended to any student who has the following educational goal on the college application:
- A Vocational Certificate
- An Associate Degree
- Transfer to a Four year University
- Undecided about your specific goals and considering one of the above options
- You are not considering one of the listed educational goal options and have completed less than 16 units of courses for Personal Interest.
- You have completed an Associate degree or higher.
- You have participated in the Assessment Placement Process within the last two years or course equivalency at another California Community College or four year institution with a grade of "C" or higher and present "Official Transcripts with grade or interpreted test results" from the respective college or four year institution. Some colleges are unable to provide courses/placement results that can be used for exemption; if this occurs, the student will need to take the West Los Angeles College Assessment test.
- If you have been declared exempt, you will be notified at the Admissions station that you are covered by an exemption. You will also be given the opportunity to elect whether or not to participate in the Matriculation process or any part of the Matriculation process.