Welcome to Admissions
Who May Apply for Admissions?
- A high school graduate, or
- A person who is eighteen years of age or older who can benefit from instruction, or
- A student under eighteen years of age and not a high school graduate, under special programs
How Do I apply?Apply online at www.wlac.edu – click “Apply Online” Student may also apply in person in the Admissions Office Bldg A-13, or submit the application through the mail or fax to (310) 287-4327. The application is included in this Schedule of Classes. There is no charge to apply.
- High School Students may enroll concurrently at WLAC by submitting the standard admissions application and a “Supplemental Application for Admissions for a Student in Grades K-12.” This from must be approved by your high school counselor and your parent/guardian. Both applications are available online, in the Schedule of Classes, through the Jumpstart program and in the Admissions and Records Office. High School students must re-apply every semester and are limited to 11 units per semester (7 units in winter session)
- AB 540 Students must apply in person in the Admissions Office.
- International Students must complete their admissions process through the International Student Office in Admissions, Bldg A-13. For more information, visit their webpage at http://www.wlac.edu/international/inter.htm
Must I Be A California Resident?
You do not need to be a California resident to attend WLAC. However, for tuition purposes, students are required to have a status that allows them to establish California residence prior to the Residence Determination Date. The “Residence Determination Date” is that day immediately preceding the opening day of instruction of the semester, summer session or winter intersession. Make sure to indicate your educational goal, question line #22 of the application.
For Additional information, please call (310) 287-4501.