How to Apply for Financial Aid
Prior to applying online, visit www.pin.ed.gov to obtain a Personal Identification Number (PIN) so that you may electronically sign your FAFSA. If you are a dependent student, your parent(s) may also apply for a PIN. As instructed on the website, if you do not have a PIN for an electronic signature, be sure to print and mail the signature page when you transmit your application.
All financial aid applicants must complete Online Forms.
Follow the instructions below:
1. Four days after completing the FAFSA, log into the Student Information System(SIS).
2. You need to select your financial aid processing school -- Click on “Online Forms” and select “West Los Angeles College”. You must wait 48 hours for the system to load your information on the web. After 48 hours login again to SIS and continue to Step #4.
3. Click on “Financial Aid” on the right hand side of the screen.
4. Select “West Los Angeles College”, semester and academic year from the drop down menu. Click on FA Status at the bottom of the page.
5. If anything is required from you, you will see a list of documents you need to complete either online and/or submit additional documentation to the office.
NOTE: If the system indicates “No Record” found for West Los Angeles College, you may
have listed multiple colleges (within the LACCD), therefore you must select your “financial
aid processing school” by following instructions on Step #2.
6. If you have been selected for verification, you and/or your parents will need to complete additional information.
7. Read and complete the Educational Goal page AND the Authorization of Charges
Failure to complete these online forms will delay your financial aid award and/or stop any disbursement of funds. Remember to complete BOTH the Educational Goal and Authorization of Charges form.
Financial aid applications for the 2014-15 school year are now available. Go to the FAFSA website to apply online.
Priority Date For 2014-2015
May 2, 2014 priority for Fall 2014 and Spring 2015
The priority date is established to encourage early application for financial aid. Students who have missed the priority date may still apply as funds may still be available. Students need to turn in their financial aid documents to the financial aid office on or before the priority date. If in doubt, call or visit the Financial Aid Office. Staff members are available to answer your questions and help you complete any of the forms.