It is important for CONTINUING STUDENTS to have completed the College Orientation, Assessment and a current Student Educational Plan in order to secure a high level registration appointment for future semesters.
NEW STUDENTS should complete the West ExpressWay components in order to secure a high level registration appointment for future semesters.
EXEMPTION: The West ExpressWay is intended for students who are new to the college.
All other students should contact the Counseling Department concerning advisement for Educational Planning at (310) 287-4257.
You do not need to attend the West Expressway if you have:
1. An AA, AS,BA,BS or higher degree
2. Coursework from another college (please schedule a Counseling appointment to see a Counselor at 310-287-7242)
3. Are still attending High School (11th grade and lower grades)
4. Have on file at WLAC:
• A Current Student Educational Plan with a Counselor
• Documentation of having completed Assessment testing or pre-requisite completion
• Completed of the WLAC Orientation
The West ExpressWay provides access to the following services:
• High-level registration opportunity (first place in line to select classes)
• An Individual Counseling Appointment that will include a Student Educational Plan
• A Student Educational Portfolio that will include general education and major requirements for Vocational Certificates, Associate Degrees, and University Transfer with an Associate degree.
As a new student, failure to complete the ExpressWay steps of ASSESSMENT, ORIENTATION, and development of STUDENT EDUCATION PLAN (SEP) through Counseling will put you last in line to register for classes. This can slow your progress toward completion of your educational goal.
Student Services Bldg (SSB) 420
P: (310) 287-4462
F: (310) 287-4496