for Disabled StudentS
Welcome & Application
Disabled Students Programs & Services
Students who have special needs because of physical, communication, or learning challenges are invited to visit the DSPS program office intake, and speak to a program representative about program eligibility and services which include:
- Assisting with Department of Rehabilitation. sponsored support services (i.e. educational materials, books, and supplies)
- Classroom accommodations for students with physical challenges.
- Diagnostic Assessment for Learning Disabilities Eligibility.
- Learning Strategies /Study Skills classes.
- Liaison with Recordings for the Blind and Dyslexic (books on tape)
- Program Planning and Counseling.
- Registration assistance.
- Special accommodations for those with profound hearing loss/ visual impairments.
- Special parking permits.
- Test proctoring and related accommodations
If you require a sign language interpreter, please contact Michelle Hernandez (email@example.com), three (3) days prior to coming to campus to ensure interpreter availability.
Student Services Building (SSB 320)
Monday-Thursday: 8:30 a.m. 4:30p.m.
Friday: 9 a.m.-1 p.m.
DSPS Faculty and Staff
Dr. Shalamon Duke, Dean
Fran Israel, Instructor
Andrea Smith, Learning Disability Specialist
Nancy Brambilla, Counselor
Betty Harrison, Office Assistant
Michelle Hernandez, Sign Language Interpreter