Major Code 0501.01
(Also see Business, Management and Management, Small Business)
The Associate Degree program in Business Administration enables the student to transfer to a baccalaureate program at a four-year institution.
Career opportunities are available for multiple professions including
accounting managers, stockbrokers, financial consultants, insurance
brokers, marketing managers and computer specialists. In addition, a
prospective professor of business may get a start in the associate and
baccalaureate programs in business administration.
Students who wish to obtain an associate degree in Business Administration
may do so by completing the course requirements listed below
plus all other WLAC requirements for an associate degree. Transfer
students should consult the Counseling Office for major preparation and
general education requirements of the particular transfer institution of their
choice. Transfer students who want to also obtain an associate degree may
do so by completing all WLAC general education requirements, plus at
least 18 units in the major as required by the transfer institution (a total of
60 units for an Associate Degree).
ASSOCIATE IN ARTS DEGREE (36 UNITS, PLAN B)
- REQUIRED COURSES
- ACCTG 1 Introductory Accounting I 5
- ACCTG 2 Introductory Accounting II 5
- BUS 1 Introduction to Business 3
- BUS 32 Business Communications 3
- CO SCI 901 Introduction to Computers and Their Use 3
- ECON 1 Principles of Economics I 3
- ECON 2 Principles of Economics II 3
- LAW 1 Business Law I 3
- MGMT 1 Principles of Management 3
- MATH 236 Calculus for Business and Social Sciences 5
- TOTAL UNITS 36
- RECOMMENDED COURSES
- BUS 31 Business English 3
- CO SCI 934 Operating Systems 3
- LAW 2 Business Law II 3
- MGMT 2 Organization and Management Theory 3
- MKTG 21 Principles of Marketing 3
Business Administration Links:
Get Job Postings Via Email.
Join Our Yahoo Group.